Tuesday 11 November 2008

Same Old Stuff Really


I am buried in a chapter. I want to finish it on Saturday, send it off to the supes. I have written 3 200 words or 1.5/5 sections. That sounds pretty grim, but I have it all in chunks (of points and empirical material) ready to write. Just saying.

Of course, because I am obsessing I have various irrelevant thoughts flitting about. Most of the activity is the same old stuff really. But some of it seems incredibly funny and/or creative and I want to share it. I just don't have the energy or focus to do so right now. They have to be put on the shelf. It's getting crowded, that shelf.

[image of Julia Cameron, author of The Artist's Way, slapping me hard across the face, pulling me forward by my shoulder pads and shaking me]

(I haven't read The Artist's Way. I can never get through books like this, especially when there are exercises to do.)

I will write more when I can.

(K. I don't wear shoulder pads...Gosh.)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Ha! Shoulder pads... Good luck for Saturday my lovely - courage!