Sunday 7 September 2008

Tiny bits of England I am learning to love...


  1. Stephen Fry
  2. Women from old money - those dotty ones who garden a lot, have a sharp tongue and generous chat
  3. Noel Fielding
  4. Dry stone walls
  5. Withnail and I
  6. Mock the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks
  7. Punting
  8. Buttercups
  9. The pink dawn scene in Pride and Prejudice
  10. That being ugly is OK, sometimes an advantage
  11. Flatness (panoramic views, such as this one of Kirtlington, Oxfordshire taken by me or The Boy - we haven't agreed on that one yet)
Having had a look over my list, one thing's clear: I am getting wussy! Someone please send me some tan bark, a bluebottle, sun burn, a manly man from Manly (as The Boy calls Aussie blokes), a waratah, delusions of grandeur, a knuckling to the head.

No comments: